Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday Monday...what can I say?

Before I get started...I'm doing the countdown to 16 and I heading to T.O. to see WICKED!!  so, two sleeps left; thanks eversomuch Big Daddy!



So, poor 16 is taking lots of ribbing about her hockey attraction and yes, I am likely the guiltiest of the guilty parties.  Little Nana asked what 16 wants for her birthday and I said either a gift card to Old Navy or buy her a hockey player.  To me, and to the Weekend Daughter it seems so OBVIOUS that the guys is crazy about her from the way he teases her and the things he says to her.  But who am I to say...I'm just mom.  It's all very teenage dream to me. (and 16 just came in and said "shut up I hate you" only to follow it with an I love you when I protested.  Sheesh...hormones!) 

Momentary interruption while Big Daddy hops around in his chair because an ad for the Nutcracker (or Ball Breaker as he calls it) came on during Dancing with the Stars.  GO Derek and Jennifer!!

8 had a dr apt today which lead to exactly the inevitable traumatic issue that I knew was coming.....dun dun dun...blood work.  Those who don't know, 8 HATES needles.  It usually takes me, Big Daddy and a nurse to hold her down. Oh yes, and she must fast.  Anyone who has met my little love bug 8, knows she is almost always hungry.  So I have resorted to bribery; the promise of breakfast out after the test tomorrow. I hope that in the future 8 and 16 don't blame us, her endocrinologically incompatible parents for all the needles they have had to suffer through.  lol

Finally, how does one tell their own flesh and blood that maybe their dream may not be a reality.  8 loves to sing...just today she was dressed in a long shirt (supposed to portray a short dress) and heels singing in front of the mirror.  She told me her game plan is to be a singer when she is sixteen ( a la Bieber) and then have an actual dress that is short like her shirt.  I told her it would have to be longer because I would not approve something so short as to show off her bum when she bends over. "Mom, don't be silly, I won't be bending over when I'm singing!"  What WAS I thinking??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment