Saturday, November 6, 2010

So Happily Saturday

Had lunch yesterday with good friends "Tooth Fairy" and "Design Diva".  We've been friends since college and we have the best get togethers from Ladies night to lunch.

So I arrived at the restaurant first....anyone who knows me knows that I  have, let's call it problematic punctuality, so being there half and hour before the other two is momentous.  Sadly,that is about all that went my way at lunch, as far as the restaurant was concerned.  I was seated and asked for some water.  I believe they either specially imported the water from Belleville or melted numerous individual ice cubes to fill my glass as it took over 15 minutes.

Tooth Fairy arrived next and asked for some tea, which took slightly less time. Must have been something special about Design Diva, because her bevvy came almost instantly...then again might be because she ordered a pint!

Now, I'm not going to say that the waitress was blond.... let's just call her a fair haired girl who didn't grasp the hint that we were very ready to order.  We finally did get to order food ** thank goodness**  and gabbed like crazy while we waited. 

Food arrives and we are all starving, but my salad didn't look right; definitely NOT the dressing I had wanted.  Okay says I, I will ask them to fix it, but I can start in on the yummy avocado spring rolls I was salivating to try, but alas, I cut into them and find NOT avocados. So Tooth Fairy calls over the waitress and tells her that none of my lunch was correct.  Hmmm...all I heard was spring rolls. Design Diva said she was relatively certain that the fair haired one had not actually heard anything I said and had almost called her on it.

Anyhow, long wait for replacement salad (likely do to having to grow the greens I'm certain) and finally receiving the right spring rolls was followed by a phone call from Big Daddy, telling me the school had called and 8 had a "sore mouth" and wanted to come home.(so much for mom's easy day)

Have I mentioned 16's new found love of  the pucks and sticks??  So last night was another game and she and my weekend daughter  took 8 with them. Nothing gets attention more than an 8 yr old girl wanting autographs.  16 denies it strongly, but I have a feeling she likes one boy in particular who shares her bio class.  Weekend Daughter agrees with me that Hockey Boy acts like he is partial to 16 too.  ;)  Just don't tell 16 or she may sock ya one.

Getting a little ahead of myself, but you could have absolutely knocked me over when I got an email notifying me that Jann Arden is following me on Twitter.  ME!! I am a huge fan;  she's funny, talented and intelligent.

Soooo....needed some plumbing work done and Tooth Fairy's hubby Umma Gumma da Plumma was sweet enough to assist.  Of course dinner was in it for them too.  Big Daddy and Umma Gumma busied themselves, 16 went to the mall with the weekend daughter and 8 kept herself busy all while Tooth Fairy and I went out and ran some errands.

This city's drivers were in rare form today.  People... it is not a lifetime commitment to turn a corner, just do it!  You do not require the length of three football fields between where you are and the  next car coming towards you before you can go.  Right on red IS still legal, and if you cannot recall the rules of a four way stop, re-read the book!  Sometimes I believe I need a loud speaker on my car to gently remind drivers of these simple things...Tooth Fairy says she can see it making the local news about some crazy lady and her loud speaker attacks on drivers.  (momentary interruption as I try to get past the stench of Old Dog's noxious geriatric dog farts)

Discovered today that Big Dog doesn't much care for men in baseball caps..

Funniest discussion at dinner, and trust me, there was LOTS of funny, was brought about by Tooth Fairy looking at 8's gums and finding a canker sore, which she explained came from the acid or ph balance being off.  16 proceeded to explain that she had done a lab in bio similar to that and could fix 8's problem....first she would have to change 8 into a clear liquid, drop some chemical into her, thus turning her pink, after which she could turn her back into a girl. 8 just stared at her and said "you want to turn me into a pink smoothie??  8 smoothie, you want to make me into an 8 smoothie??"

So, I sit here tonight in a house of seriously snoring Big Daddy, smelly farting Old Dog, baseball hat issues Big Dog, hockey crazed bio nerd 16 and 8, who is likely dreaming of being turned into a big pink puddle smoothie.  8 smoothie!  I do so love my family.  Maybe tomorrow the cats will be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment