Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sleeping Ugly

Did  you know that being called low man on the totem pole is actually a compliment (or should be)?  It has always been believed that those of least importance sit at the bottom, while in actuality  a counterargument frequently heard is that figures are arranged in a "reverse hierarchy" style, with the most important representations being on the bottom, and the least important being on top.   Kind of makes you go hmmm eh??

The election hasn't been  going on for very long, and yet I am sick-to-death of all the negative ads.  I've never been a fan of them, even dating as far back as the cola and burger wars.  I'm not sure if I dislike them more than the visual pollution of multiple signage in small spaces, or a sign ever two feet...

So, as part of my illness, sleep is a HUGE issue.  I've gone as far as 40 hours between sleep, or slept for extended periods of time.  And when I'm in a big sleep...waking me is impossible; it's like being knocked out.  I know someone is trying to wake me, but it just doesn't happen.  Doesn't matter if I sleep well at night, I still need a sleep in the day.  Doesn't matter if I sleep all day I can still sleep at night.  Worst is when I can't sleep at anytime and then I crash.  I feel like I miss out on a lot of things, and so much of what I need to do goes undone.  I really think it effects 9 the most.  She has actually expressed worry over the sleeping and tells me she misses me.  That SERIOUSLY hurts.  Anyone who knows me, knows my girls are MY LIFE.

That being said, I've made arrangements for 9 to have someone to talk to.  You know you're in trouble when your elementary school aged child tells you she's stressed.  I feel like a broken record, but with her ADHD she takes some things so much more serious than a child without exptionalities and she holds onto things (memories, good or bad, promises, kept or broken, and grudges) for such a loooong time.  Anyway, I'm hoping that talking to a neutral party will be of benefit.  If not, well I won't force the issue.

OK....so here is where we begin with the recipes.  I'm organizing them now as I watch the "real" Karate kid.  Tomorrow will be rice pudding (HUGE LMAO to anyone who knows the humour here).  It's an Indian recipe,  made with Basmati rice, milk sugar and cinnamon ( also cardamom and pistachios which I will not be using out of personal choice).  It's cooked very slowly on the stove top to make the milk rich and creamy.  the recipe also recommends addition at serving of either Indian gold leaf shreds or a sprinkle of rosewater for authenticity in taste.  Again, I believe I shall pass.  And I know, many are likely saying "then why try a recipe if you are going to omit so many of the ingredients???"   Well, even though cooking is very much a science, it is also based on personal tastes, and since taste is in the mouth of the beholder..   ;)

Any of you who have a bithday in April??  If so, I found this little "ditty"  just for you.

She who from April dates her years,
Diamonds should wear, lest bitter tears
For vain repentance flow; this stone
Emblem of innocence is known.
~Anon

No comments:

Post a Comment