Monday, April 4, 2011

Happy Crafty Monday!

So not only do I continue to date things 2010... I honestly began to name this Happy Crafty Tuesday..  LOL

Hobbies can be good; they can keep you busy.  So today I decided was as good a day as any to return to my crafting ways.  Well, ok, not just today, I have been working on organizing it so I can start.  So today, after having spent a few days organizing, I started.  I've made some thank you cards (tomorrow I am planning on starting some Easter cards), began designing and painting a decorative bird house, a mini basket that I can only describe as like an old fashioned milk man basket, except in wood, and a garden stone for 9's flower garden.

****thought interruption as I stare at the bizarre Mini Wheats commercial to the tune of "In The Navy" with actual characters looking like Village People...good grief! *****

So, a trip to the dollar store  for some additional supplies for the Easter Cards, some canvasses, smaller for 9 to pursue her artistic talents, (which is believed to be quite helpful for children with ADHD) of course her own brushes too and then some larger canvasses that I have some ideas for.  I also put together a paint collection, carrying case etc for her too. I like to encourage 9 to do whatever appeals to her (within reason for both cost and safety ).  She is super psyched about horse riding camp  that is being run by the YMCA (2 weeks and it was her absolute favorite last year.  Again, I think it's one of those therapeutic type things for kids like her.  I'd never seen her so excited about a camp before, and I would have sent her all summer had it been offered.

Poor 16.... I have been holding back on sharing certain tid bits because she keeps threatening to beat me (I'm serious, she is considerably taller than I)  but I simply cannot help it.  I'm not sure how many of you know that 16 has been going through all the courses needed for teaching swimming lessons, and of course lifeguarding etc.. and she works for Pie Man's Wife (I could call her my favorite cup cake maker too, but meh  lol).  So anyway, several weeks ago she was getting ready on a Friday night for classes on Saturday morning.  She was in the shower, shaving her legs (Oh how mortified would she be if she knew I was sharing this)  and she slipped.  We heard a bang and then her angry utterances.  I yell out to find out if she's ok, and of course the surly answer is NO!  I go running in (thankfully my trusty ankle was not betraying me this time)  and grab the towel for her.  I look in, and the soap dish is smashed..yes smashed and she has a 2 inch gash on her right cheek (the lower one) and oh my heck is it bleeding.  At the ER all 16 can worry about is stitches.  She doesn't want stitches in her bum, she doesn't want stitches period..  So they used glue.  To me it didn't look like it took too well.  And it didn't.  Stubborn as she is, 16 decided she didn't want to miss her classes, so she taught.  We used a special waterproof bandage given to us by a helpful nurse.  Removing it hurt like hell, and removed any of the remaining glue.  Big Daddy's big laugh comes from repeating his joke that there goes 16's career as an a$$ model.

Now just a couple of weeks back, Pie Man's Wife asked 16 to volunteer for  a lifeguarding competition.  Of course 16 said yes.  We received a call far earlier than expected from Pie Man's Wife to explain why 16 needed to be picked up early.  It seems that the lifeguarding team didn't take that oath "first do no harm".  They banged the back of her knees into the edge of the pool and then as their piece de resistance they whacked her head off a wall.  Poor 16 felt like crap for the next few days, and needless to say, that team did NOT win.

Anyway....it's time for some sleeep I think, especially if I can somehow manage to get Big Daddy to quit the damned snoring.  It's shaking the walls for goodness sake!

No comments:

Post a Comment