Sunday, October 31, 2010

Bibbidy bobbidy BOOOOO

Just want to start by saying that Halloween III Season of the Witch has got to be one of the STUPIDEST horror movies I've even seen.  I have seriously been jonesing for a quality scare this Halloween season, and sadly it has been a total bust. Haunted house...nope; gods of the small screen aren't helping either.

Alas.....onward and upward.

Day 3 of 16's grounding from her favorite electrical toys brought forth more eye rolls etc..  Awoke to the dulcet tones of 8 and 16 waging war (I have lost count as to which one we are currently at) and as much as I want to be Switzerland and have them sort these issues out themselves I feel strongly that someone must be on 8's side to help her....not favoritism, but advocacy.  This is a point of contention between Big Daddy and myself.  Problem is I feel for her, likely because I know what it feels like to feel not in control of one's self and like you don't fit; I only wish someone had been there to understand me, so I do it for her.

Anyway, left the house to do some groceries and to let the dust settle.  Came back to girls doing their pumpkins on the kitchen floor.  Turns out Old Dog likes pieces of pumpkin to eat.  Big Dog took a taste but then spat it out and made a face. (yes, dogs do make their feelings known with facial expressions, sounds and body language... I defy you to prove me wrong ;) ) Tried to lay down and have a bit of a rest, only to hear Big Daddy (butterfingers) break several glass items.  I will have to reconsider instating a "you break it, you bought it" rule around this place.

 16 took 8 out trick or treating with the Next Doors and some other kids from the street.  Seriously stunned by the low turn out...very much like election day. Must be something in the water around here.  Little Nana came to visit as she always does on Halloween and brought treats for the girls.

Old Dog has crawled into a laundry basket of folded clothing in search of this night's comfort, and has challenged Big Daddy to a duel of snores.  I am a lucky, lucky girl!  ;)

Well, at least 16 told me she loved me tonight...things may be looking up. **yay**

No comments:

Post a Comment